Table of Contents
So, you must have arrived at this article wanting to know the complete process to apply for your desired Initial Public Offering (IPO) through Zerodha. Hopefully, this article will guide you through the process, and ensure that you apply for the IPO correctly, and ensure that your application is not rejected, owing to points that can be avoided.
Can you apply for IPO online through Zerodha?
YES. You can apply for IPO online through Zerodha. You will find the detailed step-by-step guide below. The application process will take about 15 minutes of your time, followed by the time-delay to receive the UPI mandate, which needs to be accepted within the time frame.
However, please note, and check the pre-requisites before starting the IPO application process.
Checks before you apply
Check the below, before starting with the IPO application process:
- You have a demat account with Zerodha, along with the login credentials ready at-hand.
- You have a UPI 2.0 enabled app setup. The list of UPI 2.0 enabled apps can be found at this link.
Step-by-step Guide: How to apply for IPO through Zerodha
Time needed: 15 minutes
- Visit the IPO module in Zerodha console, and login.
Visit the IPO section, Portfolio module of your Zerodha Console. [link], and login with your Zerodha credentials, if not already logged in.
- Select your desired IPO Issue you wish to apply for.
Under the list of “Ongoing IPOs”, click “Apply” on the IPO you wish to bid for.
- Enter the requested details, and click “Submit”
In the pop-up that opens up, enter all the requested details, viz.
– Your UPI ID
– Investor Type i.e. choose from Individual Investor, Employee quota, OR Policy Holder quota
Next click the check box to accept the terms and conditions, and click “Submit”.
You will receive a confirmation on screen of the order successfully placed.
- Accept the UPI Mandate Request on your UPI 2.0 enabled app
Finally you will receive UPI Mandate Request on your UPI app of choice (BHIM, Google Pay etc.). Once the mandate is accepted, the application process is now complete.
With the acceptance of the UPI mandate, the application process is complete. Meanwhile, you would also receive an email from the exchange with the details of the IPO application order number details.
The online IPO application process for Zerodha is now complete. All you have to do now is wait for the allotment date.
On the date of the allotment, there are two possibilities:
- You receive the IPO allotment: In this scenario, the mandate would be executed i.e. the blocked amount would be deducted, and the appropriate number of shares would be credited to your demat account. These shares can be traded/sold with effect from the date of the listing.
- You do not receive the IPO allotment: In this scenario, the mandate would be cancelled i.e. the blocked amount would be released, and no other action would be undertaken. Of course, in this scenario, you would also NOT receive the shares.
So, that is it. You have now successfully completed the online IPO application process for Zerodha. All the best in your investing journey!