Table of Contents
- This post is for you, if you wish to apply for IPO through HDFC Bank Netbanking, while having a demat account, that is NOT with HDFC Securities.
- This application is via the ASBA mode (ASBA: Application Supported by Blocked Amounts). In this system, the amount needed to apply for an IPO is blocked in the selected savings account, without being debited.
- The IPO allotment is deducted from your bank account ONLY if you get the IPO allotment of shares.
Points to note: before you start:
- You have a bank account with HDFC Bank.
- You have a demat account (not necessarily with HDFC Securities), and you know the 16 digit demat account details (viz. Demat account number, name of the DP, and know whether the Demat account is with NSDL or CDSL).
- This next step is important! You have allowed the pop-ups for HDFC Bank and HDFC Securities. Following is the process to allow pop-ups for HDFC
- For Google Chrome:
- Click the More at the top right of the Chrome browser
- Click Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Content settings.
- Click Popups.
- Under “Allowed“, click “Add“. Turn Allowed on or off. Type https://[*.]hdfcsec.com and https://[*.]hdfcbank.com. This will allow pop-ups, which are needed only for the IPO application.
- You may search online for the steps to allow pop-ups for other browsers, and implement them.
- For Google Chrome:
Steps to apply for IPO through HDFC Bank Netbanking
Time needed: 30 minutes.
- Login to HDFC Netbanking Portal
Go to the URL for HDFC Netbanking https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/.
Log in with your credentials.
- Navigate to the IPO Application Module in HDFC Bank Netbanking
Under Accounts, expand the Request option.
Click the IPO Application option.
Click on Continue when you see the message “You will be redirected to the IPO system. In case you want to proceed, please click on continue“.
- The IPO Module in HDFC Securities
The IPO Application module in HDFC Securities will next open.
This is the general overview window, which also lists the IPOs in the subscription window, and can be applied for.
Choose the Issue IPO that you wish to apply for, and click “Apply” under “Action“.
- Overview/Update of Initial IPO/Issue Details
Choose the appropriate option under “Select Investor Status“.
You will next note the message: “ASBA (Application Supported by Blocked Amounts): This ensures that the retails investor’s funds leave his bank account only upon allocation of shares in public issues. The ASBA process also ensures that only the requisite amount of funds is debited to the investor’s bank account on allotment of shares. In this mechanism, the need for refunds is completely eliminated.“. Click OK..
Next you can see the details of the IPO/Issue, if you click “More Info” at the bottom of the page. You will find details viz. Issue Name, Type, Price Band, Minimum Investment Value, Maximum Investment Value, Lot Size, Tick Size, Issue Date (Application Window), CutOff Time, and Cutoff-shares
- Enter the IPO bid details
Under Bid Details:
Enter the number of shares you wish to apply for under “Shares bid for“, and the price under the “Price per share” field. A good time saver would be tick the checkbox the “Cut Off Price“.
- Update the IPO applicant details
The Applicant Name, and PAN (Permanent Account Number) details would have been pre-filled. Please note the FAQs to see the exception for applicants from the state of Sikkim
Enter the Date of Birth, and Father’s/Husband’s Name.
- Enter the Demat Account Details
Next enter demat account details.
Choose the Depository from the drop down, viz. NSDL, or CDSL.
Enter the DP Name (Depository Participant Name) in the next field.
This next field will have two variations, viz. whether your depository is NSDL, or CDSL.
If your depository is NSDL, enter the 8 alphanumeric characters of your demat account in the DP ID part, and the last 8 characters of your demat account number in the Beneficiary A/C no part.
If your depository is CDSL, then the DP ID field is greyed our, and you can enter the entire 18 digit number in the Beneficiary A/C no field.
- Confirm the bank account details
Confirm the HDFC Bank account details. (that is pre-filled).
Next, click “Proceed“.
- Disclaimer Screen Read Receipt
In the next screen, click “I agree” after the detailed disclaimer, if acceptable.
- Confirm the “Online Fund Hold”
Next screen indicates that there is a cash shortfall, and asks for the account to arrange the money collect. Choose the account number, click “Submit“
- Confirmation of the IPO application bid
The final screen in the process is the confirmation of the IPO application bid. And the application number, and transaction number is shared, along with the final message “Your bid has been successfully placed”..
Congratulations! This is the end of the IPO application process.